Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Love is the Movement

A new shirt I recently purchased has these words in large white letters on the front. Browsing the Internet a few weeks ago, I discovered the organization To Write Love On Her Arms for the first time.

I was moved by the story that describes the beginning of TWLOHA. I am sure the majority of us know someone who has suffered from depression, addiction, abuse, self injury or suicidal thoughts and the devastating act itself. I personally have battled my own demons with depression and know others who have been affected by the other things mentioned.

If you are like me you want these terrible things to stop, which is why I appreciate TWLOHA so much. Our support can bring about the possibility of a day where these these things will no longer be an option entertained by the inhabitants of this planet. Check out the link above and browse the site some if you never have. We can all find a way to help.

So what are some of the causes that lead to these problems? I want to spend the next few days looking at some of these problems.

I believe MSNBC summed it up best on the subject of bullying in an Ohio school. It is just baffling to see that this bullying problem was not effectively handled. How many kids must succumb to suicide before these bullies realize the damage they are causing? I appreciate the way Cartoon Network has stepped up to show kids how to Speak Up against those who bully others.

What are your views on bullying? Do you know anyone who was bullied? How did you handle the situation? What advice would you give to others witnessing someone being bullied?

No comments:

Post a Comment