Monday, October 18, 2010

Brett's Choice: Upcoming Release to Look for in November

Many new post hardcore bands seem to be receiving a lot of criticism for sounding too much like other bands already on the scene. Though I consider myself  a person that enjoys unique sounds in music more than most, I believe that reaching this point would be inevitable. If you look at any genre of music as a whole, you will notice it is difficult to find a multitude of artists that genuinely stick out.

This being said, the first upcoming release I want to talk about is Ten After Two and their EP, "If You Don't First" which will be available November 9, 2010.

Some have said their music sounds too similar to other post hardcore bands. However, they have a fantastic sound in which it is easy to tell that they pour their hearts and souls into their music. Since hearing this band, I have kept their music on repeat.

The guitars provide engaging riffs that encompass beautiful melodies and heavy breakdowns. I feel the drums compliment the guitars perfectly, providing the optimum beat throughout their songs. I enjoy the screaming vocals because they not only sound great to me, but sound more audible than most I have heard. The clean vocals sound natural which I really appreciate with the current auto tune craze.

I was also highly impressed with their live show. Many live performances in these days lack the tight, crisp sound that an album brings. The whole band plays exceptionally well, has good stage presence, and does a great job of engaging the crowd.

If you haven't checked these guys out yet, I highly encourage you to visit their Myspace page and listen to them.

What is your opinion of this band and their sound? Are you anticipating the release of their debut EP? What album releases are you most looking forward to in the near future?

No comments:

Post a Comment